Home » » FABRIC PAPER DOLLS AND A HOLDER TO PLAY ON

FABRIC PAPER DOLLS AND A HOLDER TO PLAY ON

I LOVE THESE!  I first saw the doll fabric on Etsy and thought the little girls at the hospital would have so much fun with these.  But I had to make something they could place in their laps that the dolls would stick to and it would need to be washable.  First I put Steam A Seam 2 on the back of the panel of dolls/clothes, then backed that with fusible fleece.  Then cut them all out (in front of the TV of course).  They stick perfectly to the fleece especially as they will be using them on their lap. 



I cut the front of the carrying folder and the pocket on the back out of flannel and sewed on the pocket.  I used flannel because the pieces won't fall out of the pocket because the fusible fleece backing sticks to the flannel.  Then I sewed on fleece for the inside.  It worked perfectly.  Next time I think I'll add some ric--rac or lace.  If anyone would like me to do a tutorial, leave me a comment. 

Can't wait to make more and take them to the children's hospital.  I'm putting 2 girls and a boy and the accessories in each folder for them.  I'm also thinking I might find some superhero fabric and try the same idea for the boys!!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Donas Charity Cross Stitch - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger