Home » » REVIEW - ECO FELT FROM FELT FOR LESS

REVIEW - ECO FELT FROM FELT FOR LESS

As some of you know, I usually use wool felt because I can't stand the cheap felt from the craft stores.  So when I first heard about eco felt being made from plastic bottles, I assumed it would be like the craft store felt.  Well, I was totally wrong and willing to admit it.  When Mary at Precious Patterns told me about how much she liked the eco felt, I decided to try it.  She directed me to Brittney at Felt for Less and I ordered a small skin tone pack as I didn't want to pay much money for something I wasn't sure I would like.  It came today!

Opened the package and there was the felt nicely tied with a ribbon.  I was quite surprised how soft it felt and it was thicker than I expected  and I couldn't see through it!  Colors were vibrant and even.  Decided right then I had to try it out. 

I like to trace patterns onto freezer paper, iron to felt, and then cut them.  Plastic melts.  Would it work.  I had already been warned that it would melt at high heat but I don't need high heat for the freezer paper.  I set my iron to silk, let it heat up, cut a 2" piece of freezer paper and ironed it on.  No melting at all and it came off very nicely.  Even ironed it on again to be sure and it worked.

Passed 2 tests so far - no see through and doesn't melt at low heat.  Would it pass #3 - handstitching.  And it passed.  Both the needle and thread sailed through the felt and the stitches laid flat.  #4 - I had no trouble stuffing it with polyester stuffing and it laid smooth.  Here's what I made.


And the price is excellent.  1/2 yard of wool felt runs around $4.50.  1/2 yard of Britt's eco felt runs around $2.00.  Guess where my first internet stop will be on payday!

Like to try some.  Be sure to enter my giveaway here.  You could win 2 of Mary's Precious Patterns finger puppet pdfs AND some of Britt's Felt for Less eco felt.


Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Donas Charity Cross Stitch - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger