Home » » MY VERSION OF A QUIET BOOK PAGE

MY VERSION OF A QUIET BOOK PAGE

I've been spending way to much time on Pinterest looking at the Quiet Books trying to decide what I can make using quiet book pages for the children's hospital.  Making an entire quiet book for each child would take way too long.  So I decided to combine a pillow, quiet book page and finger puppets all in one!  It's quick, it's easy, and it combines 3 things the kid's love into one.

First thing I did was to head to the Homemade by Jill blog as she has lots of wonderful patterns.  Jill's Barnyard theme pattern also includes finger puppets (Be sure you check out all her tutorials.).  Her templates can be found here.  I made the pillow from 9x12" fleece and used wool felt for the applique pieces.

Love the way it came out!  Checked to see what finger puppets I had already finished and decided to make a dog house with dog finger puppets.  I drew out this pattern myself using the door idea from Jill.  The finger puppets I had already made from a pattern by Floral Blossom who is sponsoring the giveaway I have going right now (see article below this one to enter!).


Next up, I'll have to make a monster and a castle to go along with the other finger puppets I have made.  This has been so much fun and "thank you" Jill of Homemade by Jill and Widia of Floral Blossom!
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Donas Charity Cross Stitch - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger